Friday, July 8, 2011

LeBron’s letter to his die-hard fans



No ring for the King.

I didn't forget what I said during our preseason gathering, I predicted multiple championships for me and for the Miami Heat organization.

It remains as my target, purpose and ultimate goal.

Going back to Game 3 in Dallas, most of you must have been thinking by that time, that we will finally be on top. Unfortunately, that was our last win for the season.

I know you are all wondering and asking, where was I during the last three games of the series? I was there, yet I was nothing like the chosen one who demolished the Celtics and Bulls. I was nothing like the championship hungry beast that drove the Heat to the finals.

Pressure is an underrated word. I am not making any excuses but I felt pressure and it overwhelmed me. 

Yes. I choked.

D-Wade got it going during the finals but I didn’t. I’ve become passive and never got my rhythm going. 

Give credit to Mavericks' defense especially to Shawn Marion. Their zone was tremendous; they clog the lane all the time that I had to settle for long jumpers.

Shots didn’t fall down; I heavily relied on D-Wade and Chris. We lost the series and it became clear to me that we will not win a championship if I will not be my usual self.

Yes we were there, opportunity was there, we were two games away from our ultimate goal and I wasn’t able to seize it. 

Now we’re back to square one, drawing board, training camp and 82 games.

Miami Heat will remain focused and will not stop in pursuing a championship; we are not the Eastern Conference Champions for nothing. We know this team can achieve more and it will, in time. 

The King is yet to be crowned. 

 
(Disclaimer: for academic purposes, the owner of this blog pretended to be LeBron)

No comments:

Post a Comment