Saturday, July 16, 2011

The General Admission



The general admission section of the Araneta Coliseum is not a bad place to be.

After hearing that we were required to cover the opening games of the UAAP season 74 men’s basketball, I was not that excited.

First of all, it has been my routine to sleep every Sunday afternoon. Since weekdays are very tiring, I need to recharge every weekends. Second of all, the Fighting Maroons will not be playing in the opening games.

It was only my third trip to the Big Dome. Even though I am an avid basketball fan, I prefer watching games on TV rather than driving to Cubao. 

It was also my first time to be seated at the general admission section. The fun that I had was more than what I have expected.

At 60php, you get to have the view of the whole crowd at the Big Dome. You will see different kinds of people from up there. Lovers, best friends, group of friends, toddlers, parents, drummers and beautiful girls are all there for your eyes to see. 

It is also not that far from the basketball court, you don’t need to move your head sideways. You may let your eyes do the work.

Some parts of the floor at the general admission section are sticky, making you wonder how often they mop it. Nevertheless, air conditioning is comfortable enough, snack vendors are within reach and comfort rooms are easy to locate.

I was mesmerized when the guys from FEU made a human wave for several times. Aside from the game itself, crowd reaction and excitement were also entertaining to watch.

The energy and intensity inside the Big Dome are nowhere to be found in watching live TV coverage. You may hear and see it but you won’t feel it.

A 60 peso ticket is cheap-- a great bargain if you want to experience a live basketball game.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment