Friday, August 26, 2011

Mario Brothers

Mario Brothers for the Nintendo Gameboy “Jumbo” version was surely a classic game.

My uncle who works in Japan gave me a Gameboy when I was young as a birthday present. My joy that time was unexplainable. I was easily addicted to it. I couldn’t help myself, I even played it while we were trekking the Marcos highway. I got really dizzy and threw up. That was unforgettable.

I did my best to finish the game that even some kids my age couldn’t get done. I finished it several times.

Then came the awesome and incredible Playstation (the first generation). It was yet another gift from my uncle, yes he’s really generous to his nieces and nephews.

There was too much excitement at that time, I forgot that it should be plugged in to 110 volts. White smoke came out of the Playstation after giving it some 220 volts of electricity, now that was a bummer.

I was hooked, I was so much into it that my parents scold me for playing too much. But I still performed well in school so it wasn’t that bad for me to be a video game addict.

When I have free time, I make sure that I play the games that I love. One of the best game franchises for me was the Resident Evil series. It was action, horror, thriller all rolled in to one amazing game. I finished Resident Evil 1-4, it took me some time to do that for the game was not too easy to finish.

Tekken 3 and Crash Bandicoot series were also exceptional games. I mastered the combos of different fighters in Tekken while I breezed through the adventures of Crash. In multiplayer mode, I beat the hell out of my opponents.

The world of video game has been very influential to me. It made my mind active and busy. There was always this urge for me to play and finish the game no matter how difficult it was. I feel fulfilled whenever I end a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment